Chiltern Society PhotoGroup

Tippings overlooks the village green from the northeast. It dates back to 1675 and also contained a schoolroom that served Stokenchurch until 1935. It is now a private residence.

In addition to the schoolrooms at Tippings and at Mallard Court, Stokenchurch also had a Board School, which was opened in 1877 at the junction of the Marlow and Oxford roads and an infants' school just off of the village green.

In the early 1980s the village still had a primary, middle and secondary school. In 1987 the secondary modern school closed. Village students are now taken to High Wycombe, Marlow and Watlington by bus. In 2005, the primary and middle schools merged leaving the village with just one school.
Author: David Cripps