Chiltern Society PhotoGroup

A major restoration in 1852 saw a Bath stone screen installed behind the altar to replace a carved wooden screen. High above it against the east wall is a 1.5 metre high cross, believed to be from the original Saxon graveyard. It later stood, lead-covered, on the east end apex of the Priory roof before being moved to the bell turret. In 1975, when the church was re-roofed, it was found to be partially rotted and moved inside the church.
Author: M Mee