Chiltern Society PhotoGroup

Between the High Street and Barn Meadow is this lovely row of almshouses built in 1875 built by Harriet Day whose family kept the Swan Inn. The building on the hill in the background is the old rectory for St. Mary's.

The above caption and a number of others in this Amersham channel have been created by Matthew P Jones from notes given to his family in the 1970s by the late Elgar Pike, a notable local historian. More Amersham history can be viewed on the website .
Author: J Harrison